Saturday, December 31, 2011

Lacroix Restaurant, Philadelphia PA

In December 2010 two brunchmates & I thoroughly enjoyed brunch at Lacroix. Since it is now a year later that I'm finally writing about it, this is not so much a review as a reminiscence.






Our table overlooked Rittenhouse Park, where the trees were covered in white lights. The view was a magical winterland of people & dogs walking through the snow.




For the first course, there was a table of delicious bite-sized treats to choose from. I remember a mix of sweet and savory, from a butternut squash soup shooter, sushi, shrimp, lox, bagels, fruit and more. The small bites were perfect since it allows you the ability to try everything without becoming full too quickly.






The second course was set up in the kitchen. At first you feel almost like a naughty child, entering a space normally off-limits. But the cooks & servers welcome everyone and manage to move with impressive efficiency among the guests.





Second course options included waffles with fresh fruit and whipped cream, crispy bacon, carved to order meats, gnocchi, and some of the best Brussels-sprouts I've ever tasted. I'm not always a fan of Burssels-sprouts, and I also don't really care for Pine-nuts, but somehow the two were combined to create a taste I crave.




For dessert, there was a table of mini options including creme creme brulee, cheesecake, eclairs, cakes, and more. They also have ice cream, sorbets, and a chocolate fountain with multiple items for dipping (fruit, pound cake, pretzels, marshmallows, etc).


















If I had to do anything over about the outing, I would have gone for the valet parking rather than the meter down the block. In the relaxed dining environment, two hours passed quite quickly & I ended up with a parking ticket. Given how memorable the meal was, I am very much looking forward to the next opportunity I have to brunch at Lacroix!






If you go:
  • 210 West Rittenhouse Square - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
  • Phone: (215) 546-9000
  • They accept credit cards.
  • Lacroix Restaurant

No comments: