Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Raw Foods Challenge, Day 3

fruit & cheeseDay 3. I honestly was not sure I would make it this far, and I thought it would be a bit more difficult than it has been. I don't plan on keeping a totally raw diet after this, but it has been an interesting undertaking so far & I haven't really felt cravings, hunger, or lack of energy like I thought I might.



Breakfast was clementines, apple slices, raw cheddar cheese, honeycomb and almonds. Super easy & a delicious sweet start to the day.

breakfast

raspberry chia kombucha

For lunch I had leftover salad & raspberry chia kombucha. If you've never had kombucha, it is definitely an acquired taste. The first time I bought a bottle I thought it had gone bad. However, it grew on me when I was under the weather once & discovered how quickly I felt better after drinking some--it's filled with B vitamins & probiotics.





For a mid-afternoon snack I had some raw dark chocolate & leafy kale chips.

leafy kale

For dinner I made some raw "creamy pasta."

creamy 'pasta'

Ingredients:

1 carrot
1 zucchini
a handful of grape tomatoes
about 1 cup of raw cashews
Juice of 1 lemon
about 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
water as needed
lemon pepper
chipotle pepper


cashew sauce
Combine the cashews with nutritional yeast, lemon juice & water. Blend until smooth.
Add lemon pepper to taste.
Grate the carrot & the zucchini into strips.
Pour the sauce over it & top with tomatoes & chipolte pepper.




raw 'pasta'

3 comments:

Brad Gruno said...

Congratulations on a successful Day 3! We're loving your photos. By the end of the week, you will be full of energy. Your body and mind will feel lighter (not to mention the scale) and you will sleep really well. CONGRATS and we look forward to your posts the rest of the week!

brunch philly said...

Thanks, Brad!

ccwriter said...

Sounds delicious!