Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 Raw Foods Challenge, Day 5

Pom Smoothie

Day 5. I was not very hungry today. Not sure why. But I felt satisfied by all that I did eat, and when I broke down the nutritional information for today, I was a little low on protein but otherwise good.

Breakfast was kombucha and some clementines.






For lunch, I ate this:

Fruit, Nuts, Cheese, Honeycomb

For dinner I had leftover salad, some Go Raw Trek Mix, a bit more cheese & honey, and this smoothie:

Pom Smoothie Ingredients
Ingredients
1 banana
handful of frozen strawberries
handful of frozen blueberries
1 cup of spinach
1 container of TJ's mango puree
1 tbs. of ground flaxseed
coconut water (less water='soft serve style' more water='drinkable')
pomegranate seeds

Blend everything except for the pomegranate seeds. Pour into glass & sprinkle seeds on top.

1 comment:

Brad Gruno of Brad's Raw Foods said...

It's not unusual for your body to need less as you eat more raw foods. So this is totally normal. Great for you to recognize that you were a little lacking in protein (which is found in raw vegetables in abundance). Great job!